CALL FOR PROPOSALS PASSEPORT DARE-DAREJuly 6, 2018 - July 27, 2018
PASSPORT DARE-DARE 2018 + Festive evening
Call to Montreal Artists //
Closing date: July 27, 2018 5 pm
DARE-DARE invites Montréal artists to participate in the fifth edition of PASSEPORT DARE-DARE. The event will be held on Saturday, September 29, 2018 in the wake of the Journées de la Culture and will take place in selected locations of St-Henri and Little Burgundy.
This cultural activity consists of an ambulatory tour where participants are invited to collect works by artists selected by DARE-DARE. Free for the occasion, the blank passport booklet is given at the beginning of the course to the participants and filled of original works throughout the day. The whole is a small unique and exclusive book, a collective work to collect over the years. It is an event intended for a large audience rallying actors from the commercial, cultural and visual arts sectors.
DARE-DARE invites the artists to propose a work approaching the theme FRICTIONS  with a particular sensitivity for the performativity of the territory, that is to say the moving body in the city, the gestures that the we pose in the city and our way of inhabiting it. Works submitted to the call may belong to the fields of 2D and print, but not strictly. DARE-DARE invites artists to overflow the territory of the page by intervening in the notebook by various tactics: sewing, cutting, origami, collage of small objects or any other medium that leaves a trace in the passport as such. The requested projects are supported by the passport booklet in the format of 3 X 5 inches maximum. For a maximum of 60 seconds, interventions should be designed keeping in mind that they will be repeated between 100 and 130 times during the event.
- Be a visual artist, media or performance artist practicing or residing on the Island of Montreal.
- Be present during the day of the course on Saturday, September 29, 2018 from 11 am to 18 pm.
- Not having participated in previous PASSPORT editions.
- DARE-DARE offers a $ 250 fee for each artist.
The materials for the realization of the work are the responsibility of this one.
YOUR PROPOSAL MUST INCLUDE:
- The description (250 words maximum) of your proposal according to your usual approach in relation to the theme FRICTIONS and / or performativity of the territory
- Visual documentation (maximum 3) showing your proposal designed exclusively for the PASSEPORT project.
- The document must be a vectorized pdf or a 300 dpi jpg.
- The location of the stamping will be allocated according to the possibilities in the districts St-Henri and Little Burgundy on both sides of the avenue Atwater. We will try at best to find places related to the approach of the selected artist.
Send it all before July 27, 2018 5pm to email@example.com
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leeve a message at 514 849 3273.
 (See the call for proposals 2018-2019: http://www.dare-dare.org/en/events/appel-a-projects-2018-2019)